Why and How
Exeter branch was officially formed on the 9th July 1946,the first president was Mrs Lineacre and there were 15 members.
Buttons for Britain was their first fundraiser and they made a profit of Three pounds twelve shillings!
These ladies were very enterprising and set about raising funds to enable the building of their own meeting rooms.
They catered for a wedding and bought, reared and sold a Heifer calf ,and with generous financial assistance from Mr Frank Badgery, the branch Brick/concrete building was officially opened on the 15th January 1955.The final cost was Seven hundred and Fifty one pounds.
Today we meet in the recently renovated Exeter Village Hall with it's wealth of amenities.
Exeter branch has been and is a BUZZING group with lots of HEART and ENERGY.
Now in our 71st year, we continue to play an important and valued role in the community of Exeter.